Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fighting The Man Mixtape



I recently met a genre author at a booksigning a few days ago, the writer of The Molotov Box, Daniel Johnson. Now, I don't know how much he liked the idea of being referred to as a "genre author", but as I shook the man's hand, I told him that was pretty much the reason I had came to see him. He, along with Mark Greaney(Author of The Gray Man series of novels) are probably two of the local writers closest to where I'm trying to get to, as far as my writing career, in a sea of cookbook, romance, and children's book writers. I still hold out hope that I will meet maybe Stephen King, John Grisham, Clive Crussler, Micheal Connelley, Jim Butcher...who are even closer to where I'm trying to get to.


This entry is basically putting together a playlist dealing with my second planned novel, which will be a different series from my current one. I always have different musical cues in my head for different things, like ideas for storyarcs, characters, subplots, you name it. That's what this playlist comes from. So, without further adieu, let's get this started:

1. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City - Bobby "Blue" Bland (Uploaded By tb4550)

2. Living For The City - Stevie Wonder (Uploaded By johnniewalker23)

3. Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack (Uploaded By ch00bus)




4. Down And Out In New York City - James Brown (Uploaded By Musicforyourfunk)



5. Out There - Willie Hutch (Uploaded By ThirdWorldTV)



6. Feel The Heat - Jean Beauvoir (Uploaded By mcleodpower)



7. Success - Giorgio Moroder (Uploaded By patrickbateman00)



8. Justice For All - John Farnham(Uploaded By SoundRarity)



9. Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N' Roses(Uploaded By blakehala)



10. Running With The Devil - Van Halen(Uploaded By mig31imstillalive)


11.  Make A Resolution - The Impressions(Uploaded By karmencookies)


12.  Ironman - Black Sabbath(Uploaded By TurqoisePorcupine)









No comments:

Post a Comment